Safe Handling of Medication
Course Title: Safe Handling of Medications
This course will benefit all carers who work within a care setting.
This course will provide an awareness of prompting, assisting, administration and recording of medications.
The course covers:
- Legislation and guidelines relating to medication
- Common types of medication
- Possible routes by which medications can be administered
- Adverse reactions and infection control
- The importance of recording and reporting information
- The storage and disposal of medication
- Power point presentations
Venue: Learners workplace, Our training suite or a venue to be agreed.
Course Duration: Half day
At the end of the session, learners will be issued with a Certificate of attendance which can be referenced to the Health and Social Care NVQ's.